SHADES OF CLAY, My Apartment next to the Navigli
Apartment | Milano | Italy
In the heart of the Navigli district, my 540 flat very meticulously renovated and decorated with the utmost attention to detail. Warm and comfortable, it's located at the beginning of the pedestrian area that leads to the Naviglio Grande. Characteristic, "... Read MoreWi-Fi
Property Type : Apartment Sleeps : 2
Bedrooms: 1 Bathrooms: 1
1. Double Bed
Dishes & Utensils
In the heart of the Navigli district, my 540 flat very meticulously renovated and decorated with the utmost attention to detail. Warm and comfortable, it's located at the beginning of the pedestrian area that leads to the Naviglio Grande. Characteristic, historical and world-famous neighborhood, it's dotted with restaurants, cafes, bars, interesting shops, boutiques, art galleries, artisan workshops … anything your heart desires. Well served by public transportation (metro & trams) as well as bike-sharing stations.
My home is warm and welcoming, furnished with all comforts, an ideal solution for single travelers or couples. Located on the fourth floor, with lift (8 steps to elevator), you enter by the walkway of a typical late 1800 Milanese galleried house. It has been restructured respecting the original finishings and conserving elements of the Lombard construction traditions. The beautiful terracotta floors marked with 150 years of movement, the original windows, shutters and doors I personally restored with infinite patience and passion.
I do not own a television and perhaps this lack will stimulate you to live the area during the evening, just walk out of the main doorway and you find immediately many pavement bars where to have an aperitif or after-dinner drink.
The bed is of high quality (solid wood slats mounted on rubber spheres) with a lattice and peat mattress and measuring 54in x 78in (French bed, Full size), not adapted for a more “robust” couple! In case you wish to sleep separately I will prepare the comfortable sofa bed (same size of the bed) for and extra cost of 10 €/night.
The kitchen is fitted with fridge, electric oven, toaster, kettle, washing machine, dishwasher and all the accessories I would like to find when I travel.
The apartment has autonomous heating, air-conditioning and wifi.
The bathroom is certainly small but has everything. Instead of a bidet there is a small shower next to the wc. Fresh bed linens and 3 towels per person will be provided.
Inside the apartment there are instructions for everything and a brief guide to the area.
NB.In case of lost keys the cost is of 100 euro (they are very difficult to replicate and no longer in production).
I have lived and worked in this area for many years and know it very well, so do not hesitate to ask for information and advice! If you like you can come and visit me in my restauration workshop.
RULES OF THE HOUSE
Flexible check-in times compatible with other bookings. I will receive you personally and will be happy to give you any information you may require.
If necessary I can hold any baggage in my workshop, very nearby to the apartment.
I entrust my beloved home to you and I am confident that you will treat it with respect as you do your own. Please do follow my friendly rules:
- No smoking allowed in the apartment.
- However much I love them, animals are not allowed.
- Please maintain a respectful noise level, especially in the common areas such as the main entrance, hallways and elevator, so as not to disturb my nice neighbours.
- No guests allowed that have not been registered at the moment of check-in.
- To maintain a clean and hygienic environment during your stay, please remove your shoes at the entrance (Milano is a beautiful city but quite dusty at times).
- Leave the apartment in order and as clean as possible. In stays above 7 days a weekly cleaning will be effected at the cost of Euro 40.
- Garbage: Please follow the recycling policy. Paper, glass and plastic are disposed of separately and the containers are clearly marked for convenience.
- On arrival I will require to see your identity documents for the obligatory notice to the relevant authorities for public security (art.109 TULPS).
- The tourist tax of 3 euro per person per day is included.
Services & Amenities
Air Conditioning Heating Linens Provided Washing Machine Internet Towels Provided Wireless Internet Iron & Board Hair Dryer Shampoo Toilet Paper Elevator Living Room
Dishwasher Refrigerator Stove Oven Microwave Toaster Pantry Items Dishes & Utensils Kitchen
Not Suitable For Children Pets Not Allowed Non Smoking Only
Long-term Renters Welcome Minimum Age Limit For Renters