Tathra Cottage - Rustic Farmstay
Cottage | Flowerdale | Australia
5 /5 Excellent ( 40 Reviews )
Located about 100 metres east of the Tathra Homestead, "Tathra Cottage" is a cosy, mud-brick cottage with cathedral ceilings that offers a rustic farm stay experience reminiscent of a bygone era. The cottage sleeps two adults and is set in its own Sam Cox "... Read MoreWi-Fi Pets Considered Hot Tub Satellite/Cable TV
Property Type : Cottage Sleeps : 2
Avg GBP £ 109
Bedrooms: 1 Bathrooms: 1
1. Queen size Bed
Dishes & Utensils
Located about 100 metres east of the Tathra Homestead, "Tathra Cottage" is a cosy, mud-brick cottage with cathedral ceilings that offers a rustic farm stay experience reminiscent of a bygone era. The cottage sleeps two adults and is set in its own Sam Cox landscaped Australian native garden high on a hill with stunning views all round. It has a queen sized bed (with pillow-top mattress), wood fire, and colonial out-door shower fitted with a wood-fired hot-water system. The flushing outdoor toilet (with hints of luxurious fittings) is accessible via an automatically lit pathway. You’ll enjoy complete privacy and ambience.
Please note the Tathra Cottage is intended to be a getaway for adults and can not accommodate children over the age of six months.
3G/4G mobile internet and free WiFi services are accessible from within the Cottage for those guests wishing to keep in touch with the outside world. Other features include a well appointed luxury kitchenette (with half-draw dishwasher, microwave/convection oven, fridge/freezer, 2-burner gas cook-top and wine storage). Creature comforts include a Nespresso coffee machine, FoxTel TV and DVD player, a leather sofa for lounging about and an outdoor Weber gas BBQ (with rotisserie).
Breakfast is a do-it-yourself affair (we supply the breakfast cereals,eggs, bread, bacon, jams, juices, etc). Please note that ingredients and cereals are only provided for the first morning of your stay. Guests are responsible for providing their own breakfast from the second morning onwards.
Guests also have access to their own private spa set in front of the Cottage. After sunset, enjoy a spa under a star-filled sky and the majestic Milky Way.
Luxurious Sheridan linen (bedding, towels, slippers and fluffy bathrobes) is supplied.
Horse lovers accessing the local trails are also able to make use of up to three 4m x 8m stallion stables during their stay. Each stable has fresh water, hay feeder and hard feed bin. We can also provide hay and hard feed for a separate fee.
For those guests who love to travel with their dog, Tathra Cottage is also dog-friendly. There is also a secure area for your dog within the Cottage grounds and under the Cottage roofline to provide guests with somewhere secure to leave their dog when visiting attractions in the local area. Guests wishing to bring their dogs are also asked to have their dog under positive control at all times when wandering outside the Cottage grounds as our ducks, geese and chickens free-range their way around the property but not within the fenced area around the Cottage. Guests are also required to clean-up after their dogs as a condition of booking acceptance.
• Paragliding (1km away). The Three Sisters is a popular venue for para-gliding and on a clear sunny day it is not uncommon to see as many 12 gliders and their pilots circling the locals hills.
• The Flowerdale Hotel (1.5km away). Open 10:00am to 10:00pm every day. The hotel provides a traditional pub dinner seven nights per week. The hotel is also a popular venue with car and motorcycle clubs on a Sunday afternoon providing a great opportunity to see many unique cars and motorbikes.
• Fly Fishing the King Parrot Creek (5km away). The small locality of Hazeldene offers several fly-fishing opportunities. One of the local personalities also offers fly-fishing lessons for a small fee with further details available on the Internet.
• The Flowerdale Estate (7km away). Operates Gracie’s Restaurant for finer dining evening meals except Sunday nights. Also provides a High Tea experience on Sunday afternoons however this is very popular with visitors to the region so pre-bookings are essential.
• Village Green & Pavilion (18km away). A popular cricket ground and pavilion modeled on England’s Lords and provides an enjoyable budget evening meal on Friday nights only in a club room setting. Club cricket matches are also played on most Saturdays and Sundays.
• Kerrisdale Mountain Railway (25km away). The Kerrisdale Mountain Railway operates several small steam powered engines and carriages capable of carrying passengers through a mountain-style landscape in the Kerrisdale location. The operators also offer train and carriage restoration services to other small railway operators.
• The Great Victorian Rail Trail (25km away). Cycle, walk or horse-ride all or selected sections of Victoria’s longest rail trail at 134km in length. Locally the Trail skirts the Goulburn River offering several places of interest to along the way. The Cheviot Tunnel located near Yea is very popular with visitors to the region.
• Broadford Motorcycle Complex (28km away). Legally ride your vintage, veteran or contemporary sports motorcycle at speed on one of Victoria’s high speed track circuits.
Services & Amenities
Breakfast Meal Type
Included In Price
Air Conditioning Heating Linens Provided Fireplace Parking Internet Towels Provided Fitness Room / Equipment Iron & Board Hair Dryer Shampoo Toilet Paper
Dishwasher Refrigerator Stove Oven Microwave Grill Coffee Maker Toaster Pantry Items Dishes & Utensils Kitchen
Medical Deadbolt Lock On Entryway First Aid Kit Emergency Exit Route Smoke Detectors Fire Police Fire Extinguisher Carbon Monoxide Detector Outdoor Lighting
Not Suitable For Children Pets Considered Non Smoking Only
Television Satellite / Cable Dvd Player Games Video Library
Lawn / Garden Bicycles Beach Towels Deck / Patio